Week 1: Process writing


          In this writing I am going to talk about what I do to improve my writing and why. I will also give some information about some websites I normally visit to improve my essays.

          To begin with, what I normally do when I have to prepare an esssay is to use a method called "free writing". I start writing a main idea or word; a sentence right after it; and some connectors. For example if the writing is about the advantages of mobile phones, I would write: "Information." which would be the main advantage; then a sentence to explain it: "Mobile phones help you find any kind of information"; and then I would think about a connector such as "furthermore, in addition..."

         Secondly, after writing simple sentences, some possible connectors and sometimes lists of words of vocabulary, I make an outline. People usually do it the other way round, but I have always done the first step before, and then I write the official essay. However, this year I have been taught to make outlines and when I do them I see everything very clear.

         Finally, I write the final version of the writing once I have already put the ideas in order, to make the essay follow an structure. The last step I follow is to look up some words to check if they are spelled properly on wordreference, or I look for the meaning of some others to make sure they mean what I think they mean.

         To conclude, the steps I follow to do my writings are: free writing, make an outline, and check for errors in some websites. Some years ago I used to do the same thing but without using the outline method, which I have realised that is very useful.


Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Week 12: The fashion show

Week 14: Colours

Week 25: UNDER THE WEATHER WITH THE WEATHER